GATE 2014 Online Application form
From 2014 onward the GATE 2014 Online application will be filled and submitted through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). So students are advised to understand the process and working of GOAPS thoroughly to avoid any type of mistake during applying for GATE 2014. Here we had given the step for filling the online application form for GATE 2014 in official website http://gateapp.iitkgp.ac.in/gate/, www.gateapp.iitkgp.ac.in.
An online interface for GATE 2014 Application form is provided for your interaction with the GATE Office.
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
With this interface student can do the following activities.
1. Do Enrolment using “New User Register here”
2. Fill the online application form for GATE 2014
3. Upload photograph and signature
4. Pay the GATE 2014 application fee through net-banking or indicate your option for payment through bank challan (State Bank of India or Syndicate Bank)
5. Check the Status of your GATE 2014 application form: Received, Under Scrutiny, Accepted, Defect Status, Status after Rectification, Rejected with Valid Reasons, Admit Card Ready for Download, etc.
6. Contact the Zonal GATE Offices in case of any queries/problems
Procedure for Filling in GATE 2014 Application Online
1. Open the official website of GATE 2014 where GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) is present. (http://gateapp.iitkgp.ac.in/gate/, www.gateapp.iitkgp.ac.in)
2. Students must first enroll yourself, by providing a valid email address, mobile number and a GOAPS password. Gate aspirants are advice to give personal phone no. and email id which they frequently use, so that GATE 2014 officials can contact you in case of any emergency.
How to choose GOAPS password
NOTE: GOAPS Password: Students are advice to choose a password that cannot be guessed easily. Length of the password should be 8 -15 characters. The following are not permitted: \a, \b, \n, \r, \t, \\
3. GOAPS Enrolment ID: Upon enrolment, an email and SMS containing your GOAPS Enrolment ID will be sent to you during filling in GATE 2014 Application form online. Students are needed to remember this along with the GOAPS password for all GATE 2014 procedure.
What are the documents required for filling in GATE 2014 online application form.
Data and documents requirement for GATE Application form Filling are
Students are advice to keep the following information ready before you login to GOAPS using Enrolment ID and Password.
a) Personal information (name, date of birth, your personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number etc.)
b) Address for Communication (including PIN code)
c) Eligibility degree details (College address, PIN code of college)
d) GATE paper, choice of GATE Examination Cities
e) Good quality image of your photograph
f) Good quality image of your signature
g) Details of a valid ID Proof that you will carry to the examination hall.
h) Optional: Your Net-banking login and password to make the application fee payment via online net-banking mode. Alternately, you may wish to pay via the challan mode.
5. GATE 2014 Application Filling: Fill in the necessary data in the online application form by carefully following instructions given there.
6. You will have to select one of the two payment options (details given below) while filling the online form for GATE 2014.
7. The GOAPS allows you to enter data, “Save” partially filled form, “Logout”, and resume filling in by logging in again. Sometimes it may show error messages during saving the filled in data.
8. Before you make the payment, student should carefully check for any errors or missing data.
9. Once you press “Submit & Proceed to Payment” button, no further changes to the GATE 2014 application can be made.
10. After processing “Submit & Proceed to Payment” it will be redircted to payment option where you may choose offline or via Netbanking option.
Candidates who have selected via Netbanking option will follow the instructions given in Section 4.4.3 for online net-banking, in the payment section and complete the payment process. Those who have selected the challan payment option will directly proceed to the next step “Proceed Next for PDF Download”.
11. You will then see two links namely “Download Challan for Payment” and “Download Filled Application”. You have to download the PDF files from these links and print the files. In case if you have opted payment via Netbanking, you will have to download only filled in GATE 2014 application form from “Download Filled Application”. The download GATE 2014 application form will contain two pages as mentioned below.
a) Page 1: Instructions to the candidate and address slip where you need to send the hard copy
b) Page 2 : The GATE 2014 application form. Note that the bottom part may contain the certificate to be signed by the college Principal or may be left blank (depending on your eligibility status).
c) Students who opted offline payment: Optional page for candidates who select “Offline” mode of payment (as against the net-banking). This page will contain 3 copies of the challan to be processed with the respective banks (SBI or Syndicate Bank).
By following above steps accurately you can complete the procedure of filling in online application form for GATE 2014.
BOOKMARK (ctrl + D) our website to get all information regarding GATE 2014
Students having any query, comment below.